OUR IMAGES

Pacific Highway - South To Sydney

default Re: Pacific Highway - South To Sydney

Post by Guest on Sun 30 Sep 2012, 6:18 pm

Many thanks for taking the time to post all the pic's of your trip Joy, really enjoyed seeing them.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:02 pm

Thank you, BigBilly. Should have taken some more but, for some reason, I was initially slow to get my camera out. :blush:

There are a few more pics which I took on this trip, though. They are of the Sydney Harbour Bridge & some small bits of Sydney. There was too much traffic to take that many shots, unfortunately. They are in this forum in "The Sydney Harbour Bridge & Glimpses Of Sydney" topic. :D
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 01 Oct 2012, 3:30 am

Thanks for the lovely pics once more Joy!! :) I loved the foresty ones very much , and it is nice to see other lands :photos: !
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 01 Oct 2012, 6:31 am

Thanks, Dawn. :D

As I know you like trees did you see the ones of the very old Canary Island date palms in the "The Sydney Harbour Bridge & Glimpses Of Sydney" topic?? They are wonderful.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 01 Oct 2012, 3:47 pm

Great Pics Joy! I also love the sand stone cuttings, it is amazing how they manage to blast through that solid rock to forge highway's isn't it. In the one photo up here the trees are looking cheeky enough to to be growing out of pure rock!. Is that a pedestrian bridge in the one photo Joy?, I am guessing it is not a wildlife crossing. Yes those palms are lovely very tall aren't they. With all the rain you guys get I imagine palms grow very well there. Thanks for all the photos Joy! It has been a great journey for us to share with you through the photos :cool4:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 01 Oct 2012, 6:13 pm

Thanks, Dawn. :D Eucalypts can be fairly shallow rooted which sometimes is a problem when strong winds blow.

Which photo are you referring to re the bridge?? Is it post no 10?? If so, I think that it is most likely just a normal road bridge. :smile:

The Canary Island date palms in Macquarie Street have been there for 100 years, so I guess they have survived many different weather cycles. Our rainy weather has come to an end & we haven't had any appreciable rain for more than three months. The La Niña cycle of wet weather seems to be over & El Niño will, most likely, take over. Grass is already browning. :O
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 01 Oct 2012, 10:26 pm

I can't find it now Joy! can you believe it :lol2: :roll: I will tell you which one I was referring to when I find it again. I should have quoted it and then I would not have had this problem :D
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 7:13 am

:lol2: That's ok, Dawn. It is such a long topic to look through, too. You would need to take a packed lunch with you if you looked through it again. :laugh:

Current date/time is Sat 22 Jul 2017, 12:33 am