OUR IMAGES

Project Compost Bin and Burn

Glad E Olah

default Project Compost Bin and Burn

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat 28 Apr 2012, 2:40 pm

The following pictures show a big mess at the end of my back yard but will be cleaned up. For years we had used a section for brush and burning papers. The project son is making a compost bin on one side and a burn bin on the other side. It is designed to collect the final product then wash on out into a holding spot. (Not sure how that will turn out but son has it all worked out in his mind......He has designed this project himself!)

Remember the green ball thing for compost? Well it has not worked well but I will continue using it for coffee grounds, egg shells and leaves.

Continue to the next post......

Glad E Olah

default Re: Project Compost Bin and Burn

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat 28 Apr 2012, 2:44 pm

Will get more as son progresses with the project.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 28 Apr 2012, 3:06 pm

Your son is doing a great job, Glad, this project is a work of art. :bravo: The finished product will be very interesting. Will you be using the ash from the paper burning in your compost?? It is a shame that your green ball didn't work out so well. Don't know much about composting but think that some of these types of composters need too much attention such as frequent turning & stuff.

It is wonderful for you to have such an innovative son & that they are both so keen on helping you with your garden projects. It must be a great help for you. Thank you for posting these pics & looking forward to seeing the end product.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat 28 Apr 2012, 3:16 pm

Thanks Joy and yes....the ash and residue will wash into a hold spot then collected when dry. I never dreamed this project would be so interesting but it is.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 28 Apr 2012, 3:29 pm

It certainly is, Glad. :D

Post by Guest on Sat 28 Apr 2012, 5:07 pm

Looks a very interesting and original project Glad will follow it with interest, Thanks for posting.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun 29 Apr 2012, 12:01 am

Fun to watch projects go together BBilly.

I am watching your green house project with much interest. Sure would like to have one!

Post by Guest on Wed 02 May 2012, 4:45 pm

Now that is interesting! I love building things; I just usually don't do a great job at it. :lol3:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu 03 May 2012, 2:23 am

marytaz wrote:Now that is interesting! I love building things; I just usually don't do a great job at it. :lol3:

Son is a perfectionist and will rant and carry on until it is right. (sometimes he gets on my nerves lol)
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat 05 May 2012, 11:54 am

The two bins are complete now and what remains to be done is the holding spot for the collection of ash and compost matter.

Looking down inside the burn bin section.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 05 May 2012, 3:16 pm

Your son sure has made a very neat job of the bins, Glad. Certainly is a perfectionist. :cool3: It will be very interesting to see the finished project in operation.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun 06 May 2012, 11:05 pm

Thanks Joy.

Son took time off and went camping today for a few days. I will post updates when as he gets them. As mentioned, I think all needs to be done is to get the holding spot for the final product ready.

He says we can burn in about a week or so for the concrete to age.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 07 May 2012, 2:24 pm

Yes, there isn't much he can do while he waits for the concrete to cure, is there, Glad?? In the meantime, hope he has a great time camping. Seems he is a hard worker who would benefit from such a break. :bravo:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue 08 May 2012, 9:10 am

Thought you might want to see the face behind the compost bin creator. (And the fish he caught.....looks like a cat fish to me)

I asked him on face book if he was cooking it for supper. No reply yet.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 08 May 2012, 1:15 pm

Pleased to meet you, Glad's son. :D Looks as though he is enjoying himself & I'll bet that fish ended up on the plate.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue 08 May 2012, 1:48 pm

I think he is having fun too.

I tried to call but his cell phone may not pick up at all times. Him and his buddy may have driven to town to post those pics.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue 08 May 2012, 2:34 pm

Son just called.

That fish was a bass. Well I am not familiar with all the fish. LOL

He said he had to place it back because it is not season to keep the fish because of spawning issues. He had a good time catching it and will return home tomorrow mid-day. (about a 2 hour drive)
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 08 May 2012, 2:57 pm

That is a shame that he could not have a feed of fish, Glad, still, if it helps to conserve the fish then it is a good idea to put it back. It seems as though he had a relaxing time which is good & we hope he has a safe trip back home. :D
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue 08 May 2012, 9:21 pm

Thanks Joy.

Current date/time is Sun 23 Jul 2017, 2:39 pm