OUR IMAGES

Glad's 2012 Garden

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Re: Glad's 2012 Garden

Post by Joy on Sun 01 Apr 2012, 1:21 pm

Excellent thinking, Glad, plus it is good to get a head start. Your son does appear to be a very big help for you with your garden, too. Guess he enjoys eating the results. :lol3:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue 03 Apr 2012, 1:42 pm

He does Joy. This is my mentally challenged son.

The younger son did the layout for the garden and is still moving dirt this year. His time is limited because of his job.

I worked in the garden this afternoon. Will try to get pictures tomorrow.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 03 Apr 2012, 1:57 pm

You have two good sons, Glad. So pleased for you that you were able to work in your garden today, guess the weather is good. Looking forward to seeing the pics so we can see how your garden is progressing. :bravo:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri 13 Apr 2012, 10:04 am

We had to have the plants covered last night as we got a frost. All seems to be ok with them today so that is good.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 13 Apr 2012, 10:20 am

It really is hard work looking after a newly planted garden, Glad, when you are in a zone which can get frosts. Especially, when they can come during the planting season. This is something we aren't very familiar with where we live, so I am very impressed by the dedication of gardeners who do have to worry about such weather events. :bravo:

PS Very happy you are ok.

Post by Guest on Fri 13 Apr 2012, 10:37 am

Looks like a yummy garden to me.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri 13 Apr 2012, 11:03 am

Thanks Joy and Mary.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat 21 Apr 2012, 1:37 am

Uploaded pictures to photobucket so I would not have to post them individually.

This album is public so hope everyone can view the pictures.

Photobucket Pics

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Apr 2012, 10:33 am

Glad,
    Loved your pics! What a yummy garden!
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat 21 Apr 2012, 10:37 am

Going to try and take a few from the photobucket and place them here in a post. It does look bare without the pictures showing.

Glad you were able to see them Marytaz.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat 21 Apr 2012, 10:39 am

Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat 21 Apr 2012, 10:42 am

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 21 Apr 2012, 10:46 am

My word, your garden looks fantastic. Glad. :bravo: It has grown so fast as it seems only like yesterday it was all just being planted!! :lol3: It all looks so good. The soil is doing a great job as are you all. Congratulations. Are these new beds in the last pic???

Many thanks for posting these great pics, Glad.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat 21 Apr 2012, 10:52 am

You are welcome Joy and thank you and everyone for the comments.

We had wilted lettuce from the garden today and boy was it fantastic!

I made the photobucket album public so I can keep new pictures. I will post a few in threads but to get a better look how the garden grows hopefully the album will be viewed also. Each time I post new pictures will post the link also.

I want to put other pictures there too of the work son is doing. Some will be the older pictures. all this takes time! Spent a couple of hours this morning uploading from the computer! Wow but worth it!

Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat 28 Apr 2012, 1:40 pm

Will try to get new pictures....everything has changed in the last couple of weeks!

I was able to work in the garden yesterday (4 hours). I paid big time but it was worth it. Planted more onions, squash, and sweet potatoes. The new okra section is not so great yet....seeds have not come up. May have to replant.

Son has strawed the pepper plants and the tomato plants.

This afternoon I picked a plastic grocery sack full of lettuce and daughter came by and I gave her most of it. I saved some out for sandwiches. She said the kids enjoyed their wilted lettuce.

My sons and I had spinach, mustard greens and beet greens with our meal today and wow was it was good!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 28 Apr 2012, 2:09 pm

It is wonderful that you are harvesting from your garden already, Glad. This is one very productive garden, so all your hard work from last year, in establishing the foundations of your veggie patch, has really paid off, hasn't it?

Fresh greens would taste extremely good, too. :D
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat 28 Apr 2012, 2:21 pm

I am very proud the soil is so productive for the second year. Where the tomatoes were last year we have beans planted. That section needs a lot of attention but I must remember it was basically clay soil behind my back window. It will no doubt take a couple of years to build up. Son did put leaves on that section last fall and will add more this year.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 28 Apr 2012, 2:30 pm

Every thing does seem to be going very well with your garden already, Glad. You have every right to feel proud as you have all done a fantastic job. Remediating clay soil is not an easy task from what I have heard & you do seem to be doing everything right. If in doubt, plant beans or any legume crop for that matter. They are wonderful for soil rejuvenation, apparently.
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed 02 May 2012, 1:40 pm

Picked these beauties today and they are very tasty.

Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed 02 May 2012, 2:01 pm

Early stage of the growth of the pole and bush beans.

Dill weed......remember how much it cost me last year for the seed?....well it reseeded itself!

Overall look of east side of the main garden.

From left to right cauliflower, beets and cabbage. Heads are forming on the cabbage now.

Close up of brussel sprouts.

Overall look westward. Tomatoes are at the far back also peppers too.

This has the view of the purple cabbage toward the back and broccoli is right behind the short row of lettuce.

Another view this one has the carrots.

Spinach and mustard greens still growing strong. To the left are more rows on potatoes that were sprouting in the house so son planted them.

Close up of blackberries.

Okra sprouting up.

continued.....

Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed 02 May 2012, 2:11 pm

Looking from west to east at the front of picture the strawed pepper plants. Peas are to the right and just now trying to climb.

Two sections of 4 each tomato plants with a row of later onions next to the blocks.

Close up of purple cabbage.

Squash.

The tea plants survived the winter. Area needs work. Thinking about strawing the three plants.

Another angel of the garden looking toward the dog pen and the gazebo. See the two sections of potatoes in front of the dog pen? Will take more pictures maybe next week or so.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 02 May 2012, 2:32 pm

Thank you for posting all these fantastic pics, Glad. It is much appreciated. Everything in your veggie garden is looking absolutely wonderful, happy & healthy. You must be so happy to see it like this. It is a wonderful dividend for all your hard work. Those radishes look too good to eat. :lol3: They are beautiful. Yes, dill will self-seed & save you heaps. :D

So pleased to see your tea bushes survived the winter. This bodes very well for their future. :cool3:

Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed 02 May 2012, 2:40 pm

I am very proud of the garden this year.

Now the compost and burn project is coming along well too. If garden is doing this good now just think what it will do with all that home made compost!

Thanks for the nice comments Joy!
    Bruce

Post by Bruce on Wed 02 May 2012, 2:46 pm

WOW Glad, you'll be able to have a roadside stall with all those wonderful home grown veggies :love:
    Glad E Olah

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed 02 May 2012, 2:48 pm

LOL Thanks Bruiser.

My grandkids will get a lot of the veggies.

They have already had onions, lettuce, spinach and radishes so far.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 02 May 2012, 3:18 pm

Good to hear, Glad. So pleased for you that the compost & burn project is coming along well, too. That will be a fantastic help for your veggie productivity. :bravo:

Current date/time is Thu 27 Jul 2017, 2:39 pm