OUR IMAGES

Sedum Morganium

Dawn

default Sedum Morganium

Post by Dawn on Tue 17 Nov 2009, 8:10 pm

I once saw this variety of sedum in a gardening book, and I set out to find one. I never realised what a search I would have. They are not easily available here??

The pebble like leaves fall off very easily when the plant is handled. Just had a thought   this is why one probably can't find it in retail nurseries??

Last edited by Dawn on Tue 17 Nov 2009, 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dawn

default Re: Sedum Morganium

Post by Dawn on Tue 17 Nov 2009, 8:13 pm

It is loving it in my wind/shade house, and has grown very quickly.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 17 Nov 2009, 9:04 pm

What a wonderful & striking sedum, Dawn. Certainly has done well in your shade house. It looks fabulous. Has it flowered yet??? The flowers on my sedum clavatum surprised me & the bees loved them. Think you are probably right about the reason it is not easy to find. The plant retailers would most likely have to sell it while it is very young so it might not get damaged so easily. Repotting would, definitely, be out of the question, wouldn't it??? :lol:

Must take some more pics of my succulents. They tend to get overlooked, to my shame. :oops:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 18 Nov 2009, 8:06 pm

Hi! no Joy no flowers ever since I have had it. Would be interesting to see if it was a flowering one. I shall have to look into that one, and see if they do get flowers?. Every time I have seen this plant in garden books they have never indicated any flowers come from it. That would be a bonus
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 18 Nov 2009, 8:09 pm

Yes they do just seen them in Wiki . Oh boy now I can't wait

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 18 Nov 2009, 8:12 pm

I think I should maybe feed it more regularly!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 18 Nov 2009, 9:27 pm

They do have lovely flowers, Dawn. Love the colour!! Probably wouldn't do it any harm to give it a bit of a feed. :lol: Its foliage is such a wonderful colour, too.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Fri 26 Nov 2010, 7:37 pm

It worked I fed it some seagrow and just before I left it gave off these flowers which have since died. Unfortunately I never had time to take a photo when I saw them as I was in the rush to get ready to leave. But I see to the left of these dead flowers is another lot ready to flower!

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 26 Nov 2010, 9:21 pm

That is wonderful, Dawn!! :cool3: :dance018: Now that it has started it will probably keep on flowering now that it has learned what to do, eh!!! :lol!:

It certainly is a beautiful plant. :love: Boy, it is all go in your wonderful garden, isn't it?? All your hard work is paying off. :dance3:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sat 27 Nov 2010, 3:00 am

Yes Joy Thank you ! so . I do hope so!
    It has been nice to come back to green and something happening. I agree with you this plant has a lovely blue green colour to the leaves.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 27 Nov 2010, 9:27 am

It does look to have a wonderfully tactile texture, Dawn. Something you would want to gently touch. :love: Do think it is a fantastic plant & it looks so good. Very attractive to the eye. :cool3:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sat 27 Nov 2010, 6:17 pm

I have the urge to touch it now and again but everytime I do I regret it as a little bit comes loose and falls off. I think the pet name of "lambs tail" is so fitting, it looks just like that, especially when the pendants are shorter. You almost expect it to give a little flick back and forth
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 27 Nov 2010, 9:05 pm

These sort of plants are rather fragile, aren't they, Dawn?? My sedum is a bit that way though I don''t really touch it. Am not looking forward to having to repot it. Shall end up with heaps of bits & pieces. :o

Forgot to mention that your sedum is a particularly lovely shade of blue/green. Gorgeous in fact. :love:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sat 27 Nov 2010, 9:33 pm

Yes I love the colour too Joy! your variety the sedum clavatum reminds me of little clusters of blue roses. So pretty. I once saw a specimen in a trendy London decor shop. It was planted in a blue @violet coloured glazed pot with maroon edgings to the pot and it looked stunning. In fact I had to touch it to see if it was real. It was real
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 27 Nov 2010, 10:03 pm

It would have looked beautiful, Dawn, but I shudder to think what would have happened after the plant had done what was natural & grew & grew & grew. Probably would have been chucked out when it was no longer a "decor" item. :angry:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sun 28 Nov 2010, 2:32 am

Yes that is exactly what would have happened . Unless it was a person who had maybe a roof top garden. I find that so much with succulents and cacti they are not really meant to be indoor plants. They do sometimes grow slow but over time they become very un-inside plants and then this is what happens. Also they are fine in the garden until they become unsightly. The fleshy leaves get wounded so easily and they start to look terrible. Oh boy !! I had better not get started on this subject .

Last edited by Dawn on Sun 28 Nov 2010, 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 28 Nov 2010, 8:35 am

All my succulents started off as indoor plants & grew just so-so until I put them outside on the back patio. Particularly could not believe just how much the graptoveria grew. It is now everywhere!! If we had a garden it would have taken over. :lol2:

Their containers are all together & they have all grown over the place. Would hate to try & separate them. :o

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017, 7:02 am