OUR IMAGES

My Orchids

Dawn

default Re: My Orchids

Post by Dawn on Wed 01 Dec 2010, 8:36 pm

That is great to know that people can find them to get the enjoyment of them and that you are reaching the search pages.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 01 Dec 2010, 9:32 pm

That is why I am happy to see any search engine fossicking around APG, Dawn. Googlebot is here frequently as are Yahoo & Bing. There are French & Chinese search engines bots, too. Microsoft & Amazon bots also come & poke around. The more the merrier. :lol2:

Don't worry, I check them out just to make sure they aren't spammers. :whistle:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 01 Dec 2010, 9:38 pm

Gosh I did not realise that there are all kinds of Bots around I think I have only seen the google one down here where the on line status is!

No not worried Joy I know it is safe on here, but thanks for the vigilence! But I am astounded at the things people do for spam. No one takes any notice of spam so why do they even bother I have always wondered. I delete any spam in my box on Gmail with out even looking at it!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 01 Dec 2010, 10:28 pm

That is the safest thing to do, Dawn, as sometimes this "spam" has other purposes, such as infecting your computer with as sorts of trojan nasties. Some of these spammers are harvesters who come on to a forum to try & get members' email addresses. That is how we get targeted. On APG the memberlist is available only to members. Might even find out if there is a way of making it available to members who have posted at least twice.

There is always some pathetic sucker who is after "cheap" xxxxxx or "Rolexes". :whistle:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 01 Dec 2010, 10:36 pm

Yes I have noticed lots of spam come into my gmail spam box for discount watches and "Rolexes" It says so on the introductory line without even opening it it all goes down the delete forever shute unopened. What a total waste of their time.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 02 Dec 2010, 7:05 am

Same here, Dawn. :D We also get some for other "services" that I, as a female, physically do not require. :whistle: :rofl:

I see in my above post that our inbuilt censor is working. See the xxxxxx?? That is the propriety name for the little blue pill so beloved by some men. :lol2:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 15 Dec 2010, 8:33 pm

The bamboo Orchids started flowering a few days ago , already the two bushes are full of orchids. Dh took these for me it was so hot yesterday I was almost melting.

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 15 Dec 2010, 8:34 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 15 Dec 2010, 8:34 pm

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 15 Dec 2010, 9:44 pm

Oh my goodness, aren't they gorgeous, Dawn. :love: Imagine having two bushes of orchid flowers. :cool3: Fantastic!!

DH did a wonderful job with the camera, too. :photos:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Thu 16 Dec 2010, 5:21 pm

Thanks Joy! a little later I will put up a photo of the whole bushes
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 16 Dec 2010, 5:22 pm

That is good, Dawn. :cool3: They will look wonderful. :love:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Thu 16 Dec 2010, 5:30 pm

I hope so Joy! I haven't looked at the photo I took yesterday evening yet, they too only last a short time there are quite a few wilted looking orchids on there, but I left them to show how full it is starting to look. There are a lot of buds too. Also when you walk in there the lovely scent blows you away .
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 16 Dec 2010, 8:53 pm

So they have a wonderful perfume too, Dawn?? Great stuff. Sounds like a fabulous plant. :cool3:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Thu 16 Dec 2010, 10:56 pm

Yes they have a lovely smell but I only noticed that once I put them in the shade house, when I had them on the patio they never did seem to smell, maybe it is because the breeze or open air sort of took it away?? I really need to put them in pots they are still in there grow bags
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 17 Dec 2010, 8:39 am

:donald: They appear to be perfectly happy in the grow bags, Dawn :whistle:

Do think the wind can make a difference with such smells. Have noticed this with our Brazilian Walking irises.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 20 Dec 2010, 4:46 pm

There are more Orchids on here now so I shall have to take another photo, you can see some of the buds ready to open. They open so quick
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 20 Dec 2010, 5:22 pm

They are stunning Dawn. :good: Everything seems to be doing so well in your shade/wind house. :bravo: It must be nearly chock-a-block of beautiful plants. :smile:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 20 Dec 2010, 6:59 pm

Thanks Joy! It is too full now. I think if I rearrange the plants a bit better it might not be so full looking
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 20 Dec 2010, 9:10 pm

:lol2: When I look at pics of our back patio from even just a year ago, I am astounded at just how much room there was compared to right now. It is not as if I have bought any more plants, either. Well, not many, anyway :whistle: & I guess the Brazilian Walking irises have had a big population increase, as well, haven't they?? :rofl:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 21 Dec 2010, 7:33 pm

I can imagine Joy! it is probably because they have all flourished so well. Yes the BWI's creep outwards and increased. We shall have to give them the pet name of rabbit plant
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 21 Dec 2010, 8:37 pm

:lol2: Thankfully, it certainly breeds like rabbits!! :rofl: For which we are totally grateful. :good:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 21 Dec 2010, 9:49 pm

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 21 Dec 2010, 9:58 pm

Then there are the aechmea fasciata "Primera" & the graptoveria, the echeveria, the mandevillas, the dracaena deremensis "Warneckii", etc, etc, who all seem intent on taking up every square cm of our back patio. :lol!:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Thu 23 Dec 2010, 5:46 pm

I have a new name for your front and back Patio "Crowded House"
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 23 Dec 2010, 8:56 pm

:lol2:

Guess what!?!? :???: Nelbel sent me a gift card which can be used at our favourite plant shop so we went & bought another phalaenopsis orchid. ;) Some pics tomorrow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 20 Aug 2017, 2:51 am