OUR IMAGES

My Orchids

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Re: My Orchids

Post by Joy on Fri 26 Nov 2010, 8:53 pm

Are you sure the New Guinea impatiens has been lost, Dawn?? :whistle: :lol: If it was crispy brown then that would be a sure sign but I have tossed these plants before thinking they were dead only to realise, later, that they weren't. Still have one of ours which has survived all sorts of neglect & it is flowering non-stop. I know they need heaps of water but do rebound quickly after a watering.

Hope my phalaenopsis does half as well as yours. It needs repotting real soon, too.

Last edited by Joy on Sat 27 Nov 2010, 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sat 27 Nov 2010, 3:21 am

Yes Joy, it was totally crisp and brown beyond redemption It was in the corner so I think it was erroneously overlooked.

Your Phal is going to do more than you realise. You have much better weather than us I am sure. I am sure you also realise the only real enemy is over-watering and lack of gentle air movement. I would not repot too soon , but having said that your way is the best ! Remember! that saying

Last edited by Dawn on Sat 27 Nov 2010, 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add text)
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sat 27 Nov 2010, 7:27 am

Poor, poor New Guinea impatiens. :sad:

Do hope our phalaenopsis will do ok. It looks fine at the moment. The care tag said to repot in the spring after the flowers have finished though it looks as though it will be summer by the time I get round to doing it. :roll:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 30 Nov 2010, 8:18 pm

Dawn wrote:

Thanks Joy! I love it when they flower. Here is a photo of a terrestrial orchid I have. It flowered earlier this year. I still do not know what it is called??

I just found the name of this orchid it is a Dendrobium Kingianum
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 30 Nov 2010, 9:30 pm

That is terrific, Dawn!!! :cool: For you to be able to put a name to this lovely orchid would be such a thrill. :excited: :cool3: :cool4:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 30 Nov 2010, 10:02 pm

Yes isnt it great Joy! I did look under this name once but don't think they had any images for it ??? and when I googled images for this name previously never saw anything like my orchid ! so I am feeling quite glad about that.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 30 Nov 2010, 10:09 pm

The images in Google have improved so much, especially the Images which are available up on the top left of the page just under the Toolbar. That is the one I go for. Sometimes I find stuff from my Picasa web albums. :whistle: :blush:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Tue 30 Nov 2010, 10:50 pm

Yes isnt it wonderful Joy! I have found you there too!!! I say to myself hah ah I know that person
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 01 Dec 2010, 8:41 am

:donald: I tend to forget there may be someone out there, in cyberland, that ACTUALLY knows me, Dawn. :whistle: Sometimes there are images from my so-called "blog" appear in Images or in the Google pages. Have even found APG in the first or second page when I've Googled a plant of mine. :cool3:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 01 Dec 2010, 8:36 pm

That is great to know that people can find them to get the enjoyment of them and that you are reaching the search pages.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 01 Dec 2010, 9:32 pm

That is why I am happy to see any search engine fossicking around APG, Dawn. Googlebot is here frequently as are Yahoo & Bing. There are French & Chinese search engines bots, too. Microsoft & Amazon bots also come & poke around. The more the merrier. :lol2:

Don't worry, I check them out just to make sure they aren't spammers. :whistle:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 01 Dec 2010, 9:38 pm

Gosh I did not realise that there are all kinds of Bots around I think I have only seen the google one down here where the on line status is!

No not worried Joy I know it is safe on here, but thanks for the vigilence! But I am astounded at the things people do for spam. No one takes any notice of spam so why do they even bother I have always wondered. I delete any spam in my box on Gmail with out even looking at it!
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 01 Dec 2010, 10:28 pm

That is the safest thing to do, Dawn, as sometimes this "spam" has other purposes, such as infecting your computer with as sorts of trojan nasties. Some of these spammers are harvesters who come on to a forum to try & get members' email addresses. That is how we get targeted. On APG the memberlist is available only to members. Might even find out if there is a way of making it available to members who have posted at least twice.

There is always some pathetic sucker who is after "cheap" xxxxxx or "Rolexes". :whistle:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 01 Dec 2010, 10:36 pm

Yes I have noticed lots of spam come into my gmail spam box for discount watches and "Rolexes" It says so on the introductory line without even opening it it all goes down the delete forever shute unopened. What a total waste of their time.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 02 Dec 2010, 7:05 am

Same here, Dawn. :D We also get some for other "services" that I, as a female, physically do not require. :whistle: :rofl:

I see in my above post that our inbuilt censor is working. See the xxxxxx?? That is the propriety name for the little blue pill so beloved by some men. :lol2:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 15 Dec 2010, 8:33 pm

The bamboo Orchids started flowering a few days ago , already the two bushes are full of orchids. Dh took these for me it was so hot yesterday I was almost melting.

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 15 Dec 2010, 8:34 pm

Dawn

Post by Dawn on Wed 15 Dec 2010, 8:34 pm

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Wed 15 Dec 2010, 9:44 pm

Oh my goodness, aren't they gorgeous, Dawn. :love: Imagine having two bushes of orchid flowers. :cool3: Fantastic!!

DH did a wonderful job with the camera, too. :photos:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Thu 16 Dec 2010, 5:21 pm

Thanks Joy! a little later I will put up a photo of the whole bushes
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 16 Dec 2010, 5:22 pm

That is good, Dawn. :cool3: They will look wonderful. :love:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Thu 16 Dec 2010, 5:30 pm

I hope so Joy! I haven't looked at the photo I took yesterday evening yet, they too only last a short time there are quite a few wilted looking orchids on there, but I left them to show how full it is starting to look. There are a lot of buds too. Also when you walk in there the lovely scent blows you away .
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 16 Dec 2010, 8:53 pm

So they have a wonderful perfume too, Dawn?? Great stuff. Sounds like a fabulous plant. :cool3:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Thu 16 Dec 2010, 10:56 pm

Yes they have a lovely smell but I only noticed that once I put them in the shade house, when I had them on the patio they never did seem to smell, maybe it is because the breeze or open air sort of took it away?? I really need to put them in pots they are still in there grow bags
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 17 Dec 2010, 8:39 am

:donald: They appear to be perfectly happy in the grow bags, Dawn :whistle:

Do think the wind can make a difference with such smells. Have noticed this with our Brazilian Walking irises.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 17 Dec 2017, 9:44 am