OUR IMAGES

Chameleon Miniature Rose - 2011/12

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Chameleon Miniature Rose - 2011/12

Post by Joy on Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:06 pm

The Chameleon miniature roses have started growing buds with some beginning to open. :excited: This is good to see but, as yet, they haven't grown in their usual cluster formation.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Re: Chameleon Miniature Rose - 2011/12

Post by Joy on Fri 26 Aug 2011, 8:40 pm

It certainly didn't take long for this Chameleon miniature rose to open fully. Yesterday it was still a small bud!!

Post by Guest on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 11:55 am

May I share some pics of my miniature rose. I had eight plants. Seven died. Only left with this one.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 2:07 pm

You are more than welcome to share your miniature rose pics, Greyfingers. :cool3:

That is a very healthy looking plant & is a lovely colour. Love the red. Did the heat & humidity get to the roses?? I know my two can suffer during summer with the heat & humidity & usually do better during our winter. This past winter though, we had a spell of unusually cold weather which stopped our miniature roses from doing anything. They are now springing back into action with plenty of new leaf & bud growth. :apgch:

Here is an image, taken this morning of the Chameleon miniature rose with its first flowers & buds since last autumn. The brighter green is new leaf growth which I only noticed this morning. :blush2:

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 2:13 pm

This is a close up of the newer leaf growth & in the middle of it is the start of a bud cluster. This rose has normally flowered in clusters instead of the single buds it has right now.

One thing I spotted in this pic was the water droplets on the edges of the newer leaf growth. It is "perspiring". :lol2: It is probably just excess liquid coming from the leaves. Forget the terminology. :whistle:

Post by Guest on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 5:01 pm

Hee hee Bought one more today. Took a picture of it with all it's glory, before it decides to go too. There are 3 plants together.

Repotted it straight away to prevent root rot.

It came in a small pot with compost as a media. I've changed it to soil. In Singapore, it's very hot and humid and compost just isn't suitable if the drainage isn't good enough. That's what happened to my other plants. Let's hope I'm doing the right thing for this one.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 5:35 pm

That is a lovely miniature rose, Greyfingers. It is a similar colour to my Fiesta miniature rose. Those three plants look a good size too. It is a good idea of yours to repot it straight away, They do like to be well drained which can be a wee bit difficult as they are very thirsty & hungry plants. I have used broken up chunks of polystyrene packaging at the bottom of their pots to aid with drainage & have found that to be very successful.

Our Chameleon started out with eight very tiny plants but has been repotted so many times now it is hard to imagine it was in a pot the size it was when we bought it. The stems are still very skinny though.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 06 Sep 2011, 2:00 pm

Our Chameleon miniature roses taken this morning. There a few bud clusters starting to develop. Excellent. :bravo:

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Sun 11 Sep 2011, 5:48 pm

How is your beautiful new rose going, Greyfingers??? Still looking good, I hope. :cool4:
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:38 pm

The big clusters of Chameleon miniature roses have started to appear. There are a few of them growing. This one has at least 15 buds on it. It will be a wonderful display when they open.

Post by Guest on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 12:35 pm

It's now official. I am a rose killer. The new plant that I last bought has now gone to heaven. No more buying for me.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 1:51 pm

Oh no, Greyfingers!! :O I am so sorry & it is a terrible shame. What do you think happened?? Our roses will fade quite a bit during the heat & extra humidity of our summer. They seem to get stressed during that time. Do you feel that was what did your rose in??? You had done the right thing by repotting it, too.

Guess I am lucky that our miniature roses seem to be quite hardy. Thank goodness.
    Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 3:25 pm

After hearing Greyfinger's sad news re their poor miniature rose, it almost seems like bragging posting these pics of our Chameleon miniature rose, taken this morning. It has now recovered from our cooler than average winter & is full steam ahead in the flowering department.

This is one of the smaller clusters.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 3:30 pm

This other cluster is the large one with about 15 buds in it. It will look wonderful when it is fully open.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 26 Sep 2011, 10:11 am

The Chameleon miniature rose bud clusters stand out in the morning sun. They will look great when they all open. :D

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 26 Sep 2011, 10:14 am

This is the Chameleon miniature rose cluster which has about 15 flowers & buds in it. It is a bit of a "Where's Wally??" looking for them all. :lol2:

It had been raining just prior to taking this pic.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 29 Sep 2011, 8:48 pm

The above cluster of Chameleon miniature roses is gradually opening up, although there are still quite a few of its buds yet to open.

This was taken this morning.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Thu 29 Sep 2011, 8:51 pm

A smaller Chameleon miniature rose cluster. They are such a pretty little rose.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:32 pm

The Chameleon miniature roses are finally getting into the flowering mood. Thank goodness. :bravo:

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 3:40 pm

The subtle colour changes of the miniature Chameleon roses.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 11 Oct 2011, 10:57 am

A beautiful cluster of Chameleon miniature roses. Thiswas taken yesterday while the sky was dull & overcast but they provided a dash of colour.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 11 Oct 2011, 10:58 am

Another of the beautiful flower clusters on the wonderful Chameleon miniature roses.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 25 Oct 2011, 3:14 pm

A cluster of Chameleon miniature roses. They are so photogenic. :love:

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 3:05 pm

Both of our two types of miniature roses are doing well at the moment. When we get the heat of summer they will probably start to fade. Hope not though.

A cluster of flowers & buds on the Chameleon miniature roses. This was from nearly two weeks ago & this particular cluster is almost finished.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

Post by Joy on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 3:16 pm

After growing its large clusters the Chameleon miniature roses are now producing some smaller clusters. Except fr one which does have many buds.

There looks to be about 15 buds plus flowers on this cluster.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 17 Aug 2017, 7:43 pm