OUR IMAGES

GREETINGS

default GREETINGS

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 2:42 am

Can i take the chance to wish you all "A Happy and Peaceful Christmas and A good New Year "

Pictures from my village.

Joy
    F O U N D E R
    F O U N D E R

default Re: GREETINGS

Post by Joy on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 9:34 am

Thank you very much, BigBilly. These are Christmas images I shall never see. Here holly has its berries in July but we don't see it where we live. Winters are too warm, I think. Probably only grown in the cooler regions of Australia. The snow scene is definitely not us, either. :lol3:

We wish you & your family a very Happy Christmas.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Sat 10 Dec 2011, 4:56 pm

Thank you BB :) and a "Happy Christmas and Peaceful New Year" to yourself and your family too!

Your Holly photo is beautiful BB! as is the snow scene! I had not realised you had, had snow already! I do hope we have some while we are in London, they did last year I believe! I think I would prefer snow to rain, although we may get both :D.

On the subject of Christmas foliage, I learnt not too long ago that mistletoe grows as a " parastic plant" and is found hanging in the tops of certain trees, very high up. It has been pointed out to me before, but I have never actually seen a piece harvested first hand. I have also heard it is very expensive to buy a piece of real Mistletoe ?.

Thanks and enjoy the festive season!

Post by Guest on Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:44 pm

The snow scene was from a previous year Dawn, so sorry i didn't make that clear.
    It was such a seasonal pic i had to post.

No snow here yet but its been very cold with hard frosts.
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:29 am

Ok that's cool! BB :). I am just too eager to latch on to anything about the weather because of coming across :lol2:. It is very picture postcard lovely actually!! it has lovely composition with the broken fence and gate post buried in snow, which makes it a very interesting landscape photo. Anyhow thanks again :cool3:
    Dawn

Post by Dawn on Mon 12 Dec 2011, 1:30 am

Oh I forgot to say thanks for the update on the weather too! :good:

Current date/time is Sun 23 Jul 2017, 2:38 pm